The Hindu Marriage Act, 1955
Arrangement of Sections
- Short title and extent.
- Application of Act.
- Over-riding effect of Act.
- Hindu Marriages
- Conditions for a Hindu marriage.
- Guardianship in marriage.
- Ceremonies for a Hindu marriage.
- Registration of Hindu marriages.
- Restitution of Conjugal Rights and Judicial Separation
- Restitution of conjugal rights.
- Judicial separation.
- Nullity of Marriage and Divorce
- Void marriages.
- Voidable marriages.
- No petition for divorce to be presented within three years of marriage.
- Divorced persons when may marry again.
- Legitimacy of children of void and voidable marriages.
- Punishment of bigamy.
- Punishment for contravention of certain other conditions for a Hindu marriage.
- Jurisdiction and Procedure
- Court to which petition should be made.
- Contents and verification of petitions.
- Application of Act V of 1908.
- Proceedings may be in camera and may not be printed or published.
- Decree in proceedings.
- Maintenance pendente lite and expenses of proceedings.
- Permanent alimony and maintenance.
- Custody of children.
- Disposal of property.
- Enforcement of, and appeal from, decrees and orders.
- Savings and Repeals